For CPAG members and CAB customers, the book is available for £30.60. Please contact us on 020 7812 5236 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
With migrants’ rights constantly under discussion, it can be hard to keep up with what has actually changed. Although the Brexit vote has not yet affected the social security rights of EEA nationals and their families, entitlement for all migrants remains complicated. Our unique guide helps you navigate the complexity of the immigration and benefit rules, and provides the definitive guide to social security entitlement for people who have come to, or who are leaving, the UK.
This latest edition, which has been fully updated with additional detail and tactical advice on current developments, will help you if you are struggling to:
- identify whether you have a right to reside
- provide the required evidence of your immigration status or residence rights
- understand the significance of one member of your household having immigration leave with 'no recourse to public funds'
- work out how long your benefits will be paid if you go abroad
- check your entitlement to asylum support and how to challenge a decision
- establish when you do not need to have been present in Britain for 2 years to be entitled to disability or carers benefits
- be clear on whether the UK is the 'competent state' to pay a benefit
- challenge a decision to stop your JSA on the basis that you do not have a ‘genuine prospect of work’
Fully indexed and cross-referenced to both UK and European legislation and caselaw, the Benefits for Migrants Handbook is an essential resource for all who need to understand how the rules operate in this complex area.
Who is it for?
This is an essential guide for EEA and non-EEA nationals, asylum seekers and refugees, families with different immigration statuses, claimants coming from or going to other European states, British citizens returning from abroad, and all migrants who need to navigate the complexity of the immigration and benefit rules.
Benefits for Migrants A2 flowchart 2016/17
To assist you in understanding the increasingly complex rules on who has a right to reside for social security benefits, we have produced an innovative A2-size flowchart.
You will receive a 20% discount on the flowchart if purchased alongside the Benefits for Migrants Handbook. Bundle price of £41.60 or to members and CABs for £35.36. Please use the following discount code: BFM2016