For CPAG members and CAB customers, the book is available for £18.70. Please contact us on 020 7812 5227 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Council Tax Handbook is the most widely used practical guide to all aspects of the council tax as it applies in England, Wales and Scotland.
Fully revised and updated to take account of all recent changes to legislation, practice and procedure, and with expanded information about council reduction schemes, it remains the standard guide for use by administrators, advisers and others needing to understand the scheme.
The Council Tax handbook explains:
• who is liable and who is exempt from paying council tax
• how homes are valued for tax purposes and how valuations can be changed
• discounts and the new reduction schemes
• the powers of local authorities
• tax collection, appeals, enforcement and bailiffs’ powers
• the position of students