The definitive guide to the social security system in the UK.
Our definitive guide to all benefits and tax credits is an essential resource for all professional advisers serious about giving the best and most accurate advice to their clients.
With detailed information on all the recent changes to the social security system, including the latest on the roll-out of universal credit, the right to reside test and the sanctions regime, the Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook provides comprehensive advice about entitlement in 2017/18.
What does it cover?
This edition includes new and updated information on:
- who can claim benefits and tax credits
- the introduction and implementation of universal credit
- disability and incapacity benefits, and the work capability assessment for employment
and support allowance
- dealing with benefit sanctions
- challenging decisions, backdating, overpayments, income and capital, and national
- the new bereavement support payment
Fully indexed for ease of use and cross-referenced to law, regulations, official guidance and court, Upper Tribunal and commissioners’ decisions, the handbook also offers tactical information on common problem areas and advice on how to challenge decisions.
Who is it for?
The Welfare Benefits and Tax Credits Handbook is an essential resource for welfare rights advisers, lawyers, local authority staff, social workers, union officials and claimants.
For CPAG members and CAB customers, the handbook is available for £51.85. Please contact us on 020 7812 5227 or email: email@example.com. Click here for the online subscription.